Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default In Excel how do I format swimming times - mm.ss.100ths

If you enter the values as

1:23.456

Format with

Format/Cells/Number/Custom mm:ss.000

Note that, regardless of format (which doesn't affect how entries are
parsed) if you don't enter the decimal point plus at least one digit,
you need to enter hours as well. For instance:

1:23.0

is interpreted as 1 minute, 23 seconds, as is

0:1:23

but

1:23

is interpreted as 1 hour, 23 minutes.

In article ,
Vistadelmare wrote:

I want to make a record of swimming times for swimmers in the Club. I need
to calculate the P.B. (minimum time out of those listed) and I assume I use
the =MIN(-,-) formula. BUT it doesn't appear to work because I can't get the
format to be understood as minutes, seconds and 100ths of seconds.