Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to work out 15% of swimming times in minutes seconds and 100t.

can anyone please tell me how to convert a swimming time in minutes seconds
and 100th of seconds to 15% less?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have the time inputted as a value (not text) you can just
multiply by 0.85 (either in a formula, or using copy - paste special,
multiply.

If you have the time inputted as text, it would be most helpful if you could
post an example of exactly how it looks.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"busymum" wrote:

can anyone please tell me how to convert a swimming time in minutes seconds
and 100th of seconds to 15% less?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you mean as decimals 2.5 represent 2 hours 30 minutes

To convert this to 15% less

--Type 0.85 in a cell
--Copy this cell
--Keeping the copy select the cells with the time value to be converted.
--PasteSpecialMultiplyOK

If you want to convert this to excel time..Divide the numbers by 1440 and
format that to excel date time..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"busymum" wrote:

can anyone please tell me how to convert a swimming time in minutes seconds
and 100th of seconds to 15% less?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I'm assuming these are properly formatted times. I use the custom format
mm:ss.000

so with a time in a1 use

=A1*0.85

and copy the formatting from the original cell

If you want to overwrite the original times put 0.85 in a cell and copy it.
Select your time(s) and then Edit|Paste special - Select Multiply OK

Mike

Mike