Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default statisitical significance

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is possible.....let me know what yo
think.

I have calculated a number of values, based on a YES / NO answer t
certain questions.

The following data is ranged in A3:C10 with the headers in row3.
Each value represents the number of respondents who answered yes befor
and after a change to the 7 questions.

Ques Before After
1 81 100 (sample size 32)
2 76 97 (sample size 32)
3 84 94 (sample size 32)
4 69 100 (sample size 31)
5 44 97 (sample size 31)
6 37 97 (sample size 31)
7 33 100. (sample size 31)

I want to be able to calculate if the after result is statisiticall
significant based on the % of respondents who answered yes.
Ie: is the change from 81 to 100 statisitcally significant based on
sample size of 32.

If anyone can help with this, it would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is your level of significance?

"scottwilsonx " wrote:

Hello everyone. Not sure if this is possible.....let me know what you
think.

I have calculated a number of values, based on a YES / NO answer to
certain questions.

The following data is ranged in A3:C10 with the headers in row3.
Each value represents the number of respondents who answered yes before
and after a change to the 7 questions.

Ques Before After
1 81 100 (sample size 32)
2 76 97 (sample size 32)
3 84 94 (sample size 32)
4 69 100 (sample size 31)
5 44 97 (sample size 31)
6 37 97 (sample size 31)
7 33 100. (sample size 31)

I want to be able to calculate if the after result is statisitically
significant based on the % of respondents who answered yes.
Ie: is the change from 81 to 100 statisitcally significant based on a
sample size of 32.

If anyone can help with this, it would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Scott.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Newbie, the level of significance would be 95% p<0.05

Thanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You will usually get better results if you follow up to questions in
your original thread. Also, please do not separately post the same
question to multiple newsgroups.

Your question is unchanged, and still as ambiguous as the four times you
posted it last week; in particular, you still have not answered the
question I asked you in

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...0no_e-mail.com

Jerry

scottwilsonx < wrote:

Hi Newbie, the level of significance would be 95% p<0.05

Thanks
Scott.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jerry,
Just for the portion about where his posts appear in a single thread - since
he is posting from the excel forum (the at the end of his username is an
indicator as well as "Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/"), the
forum appears to control where the post appears. Last week and previous
weeks they seemed to appear one level higher than one would expect.

Other than that, I think well stated.

Tom Ogilvy

scottwilsonx < wrote:

Hi Newbie, the level of significance would be 95% p<0.05

Thanks
Scott.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jerry, I had tried to post my question last week, but my computer alway
hung and when I went to look at the usergroup my question wasn't there
after that the site was unavailable on Thursday and Friday.

Point taken re - multiple postings, but I wasnt sure which usergrou
would be best placed to help.

As for the %s quoted being uncalculable - you are correct. I will chec
and get back to you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Scott