Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Validation Dependant Lists

Hi there,

Is it possible to source data validation/dependant lists from
seperate workshhet within the same workbook. When I tr
'=INDIRECT(Sheet2!A2) for example, Excel tells me this is no
possible??

Kind regards

And

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See one reply at your other post.

"andyp161 <" wrote:

Hi there,

Is it possible to source data validation/dependant lists from a
seperate workshhet within the same workbook. When I try
'=INDIRECT(Sheet2!A2) for example, Excel tells me this is not
possible??

Kind regards

Andy

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

Thanks for your response. I have actually been using Debra's site t
learn about data validation. However, from my understanding she doe
not explain how to source dependent lists from seperate worksheets. Sh
does explain that by naming ranges it is possible to source basic dat
validation lists. However, her section on dependent lists says that "I
the Source box, type an equal sign and INDIRECT function, referring t
the first data cell in the Category column: =INDIRECT(A2)". When I hav
tried substituting (A2) with the name of my category column, th
dependent list will only give options to one particular category
irrespective of what category I have chosen.

Kind regards

And

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think Andy got a solution at the other thread.

just call the range something like MyList
and use =mylist
in the Data|validation dialog.

"andyp161 <" wrote:

Dave,

Thanks for your response. I have actually been using Debra's site to
learn about data validation. However, from my understanding she does
not explain how to source dependent lists from seperate worksheets. She
does explain that by naming ranges it is possible to source basic data
validation lists. However, her section on dependent lists says that "In
the Source box, type an equal sign and INDIRECT function, referring to
the first data cell in the Category column: =INDIRECT(A2)". When I have
tried substituting (A2) with the name of my category column, the