Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Office 2000 error

Have you checked the references on the Client machine?
Just open the VBA editor on the clients machine, then
under tools you will find a References menu item. Select
that menu item. If any of the references are missing, you
should see the word "MISSING" next to the problem
reference. Also, if Excel initiates a Word VBA macro, do
the same in Word. If you find one missing, you can take
one of two methods to fix the problem. 1) Uninstall Office
on the client computer. Shutdown (to clear memory) then
restart the computer. Re-Install office. 2) The reference
list will provide you with the name and path that the
application expects to find the file. First search the
client computer for this file. If you find it in another
directory, in references with the MISSING reference
selected, browse to the file. If you do not find it you
can copy it from another computer (yours) to the expected
directory. You may have to register the file manually
(others here can tell you how to do that). There is some
danger in doing this if you get the wrong version of the
file.

If you can re-install Office, that is the most sure way of
getting everything you need and having it properly
registered, etc.

Hope that helps!

Kevin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Kevin,
Thanks again for your tip. I have a followup question regarding your
suggestion.
It was suggested by another to check the Excel & Word VBA references for any
that were missing. The blank instances of each were fine but trying to check
for my Excel/Word app is difficult as the client is long distance and I don't
want to give them the password to unlock it. So I sent an unlocked copy of
the app with code removed. My Office version is 2003 and theirs XP or 2002.
When the client installed my app in the right directory it showed all the
proper references, correctly showing MS Excel 10.0 Object Library and MS
Office 10.0 Office Object Library. But it shows MS Word 11.0 Object Library
(what was in the app send from my Office 2003 system) as Missing.
Any ideas if that is clue to the problem or what it could be?
Would the steps I took above be adequate to check the references or do I
need to do it another way?
Again, any help appreciated. Thanks and God bless
Van
"