Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data import gives the wrong values: bad text format?

Hello!

I have to work with a tool to export data from an oracle database to *.txt,
*.html or *.xls. HTML and TXT are working fine but in Excel I have problems
concerning numerical values. A number 1234.56 will appear as 123456 or
123456.00. As a workaround I can press F2 (edit cell) and then ENTER which
is like a substitution by itself. The value will be correct then. (But in
tests this worked only with a non-saved file.) As a workaround I tried to
write a vba routine (like: x=cell.value, cell.value=x) but this didn't work
either.

Can anybody help me on this topic?

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Peter,

To understand your problem better, could you tell us how exactly you're
importing the data into Excel, and also the version of Excel?

Thanks,

-Daniel