Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default from date format convert to text format is wrong

Hello All,

I download from SAP to excel a database. But unfortunately I can't convert
date cells to text. For Example: 2010.02.01 and if I convert to text format
i'll get 40181 data all cells.
I have tried to copy my worksheet to other worksheet with copy paste special
only values, but the result is same.

Please help!

Regards,
Nooris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In XL dates are actually stored as numbers. The number is the number of days
that has elapsed since Jan 1, 1900. So for example if you type in the number
40181 and format the cell as date you will see that the date is Jan 2, 2010.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson