Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying tabs from one workbook to another workbook

Hi!

Here is the problem:

1) Worbook1.xls June tab : cell C10 = 2,000
2 tabs Total tab: cell C10 = June!C10

2) Workbook2.xls June tab : cell C10 = 3,000
1 tab

Because Workbook2.xls does not have the tab Total, we want to copy it
from Workbook1.xls. So we insert a tab called Total in Workbook2.xls.
Then we copy the Total tab from Workbook1.xls to the Total tab in
Workbook2.xls.

The result is not what we want ! In Workbook2, in Total Tab, cell C10,
we will get 2,000 instead of 3,0000 !

The problem is in the copying: the formula June!C10 keeps in workbook2
keeps its reference with the June tab of workbook1 even if there is an
identical June tab in workbook2.

How can we solve the problem and copy the Total tab from Workbook1.xls
into Workbook2 and that the formula June!C10 has reference the June
tab of Workbook2 instead that the reference of Workbook1,

Thanks a lot

Michel Pilon
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select to total tab and do Edit=Replace
What: =
With: ZZX=

now copy the sheet.

Now on each of the total sheets reverse the procedure

Edit=Replace
What: ZZX=
With: =

Tom Ogilvy

"Michel Pilon" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

another way it to copy the total sheet, then in the destination workbook, go
to Edit=Links and select the link, click change sources and make the source
the destination workbook(point it to itself).