Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Code cancels protection properties

Hi all,

Have a small prob. I run a code that unprotects then protects a shee
after running a copy/paste procedure. Prob is, after the code runs,
am no longer able to delete rows. Before the code ran i set th
protection to allow deletion of rows but running the code seems t
cancel this.

Is there a way round this??

Cheers all!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

gavmer

After you run your code does it reset the password to protect th
sheet? If so you can not delete rows

Charle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi charles,

Yes, it uses the password to unprotect and then uses the password t
protect the sheet once again. How can i get around this??

Cheers!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

When you re-protect the sheet are you using

ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterFaceOnly := True

regards,
Don

"gavmer " wrote in message
Hi all,

Have a small prob. I run a code that unprotects then protects a sheet
after running a copy/paste procedure. Prob is, after the code runs, i
am no longer able to delete rows. Before the code ran i set the
protection to allow deletion of rows but running the code seems to
cancel this.

Is there a way round this??

Cheers all!!

---