Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Joe is offline

Default references to command bar buttons

I am using XL 2002 and have a general question.

Say that I add a command bar popup (cbp) with three command bar buttons
(cbb1...cbb3) to the Tools menu. Then I add another toolbar (as a floating
toolbar) with three command bar buttons (cbb4...cbb6).

Now I want the first command bar button on both the popup menu and the
toolbar (cbb1 and cbb4) to execute the same code, say Proc1. I would also
like cbb2 and cbb5 to execute Proc2 and cbb3 and cbb6 to execute Proc3.

When using VBA to create these objects, do I need to have six command bar
button variables dimmed in the procedure that creates these buttons (cbb1
thru cbb6), or can I use one variable (cbbGeneral) to create each object?
Once a command bar button is created and its properties are set (in VBA),
does Excel handle the messaging between the buttons and the code asociated
with them (via the "OnAction" property)?

TIA,
--
Joe

VBA Automation/VB/C++/Web and DB development