Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Command buttons in Excel

Have you thought about adding the commands to your menu bar? That way they
will be visible whatever the state of the application window.

"tbigland" wrote in message
I have an excel workbook which used buttons attached to macros to sort for
specific items. Normally it works perfectly but as I work in a school and

number of different members of staff access the workbook during the day I
have found a strange error which I don't know how to overcome.

The buttons sit in the top row and the top three rows are frozen so
scrolling can take place and still show all of the buttons. Great people

can
click on a command button and the set or group can be displayed and data

can
be entered. The problem is that on opening the workbook all of the command
buttons have disappeared. This is not always the case and if the workbook

is
opened on another computer on the network it sometimes has the buttons and
sometimes not. If the file is saved then it appears that there is no way

recaver the buttons. It is not critical as we have back up copies but it

has
happened on a number of occasions and is a nuisance having to re-enter

data.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to either stop it happening
or how to get the buttons back? All of the macros are present for each

button
and the button name is also present as when viewing the macros in Visual
Basic.