Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Recalculation after row resizing

Hi Massimo,

In excel 2003 you get a recalc if the row is hidden/unhidden, but not in
previous versions.
If you double click the row divider (to automatic resize) you get a recalc,
but if you drag the row to to a new height it does not recalc on my system.

It works better if you switch to manual first, then resize, the switch back
to automatic.

for suggestions on how to speed up Excel calculations see
http://www.decisionModels.com/optspeedd.htm and associated pages

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com

"Massimo Bassini" <Massimo wrote in
message ...
This appens both via scripting and operating manually on a sheet.
When I change the row height or the row visibility the sheet is
automatically recalculated.
This happens if row visibility is changed too.
But it never happens resizing columns.
This is not an issue in a small sheet, but in a big one recalculation time
is heavy and it's frustrating waiting for it only for a layout change.
Any suggestion about that or for a way to speed up recalculation?
Thanks to all.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your suggestion; I'll check immediately on previous versions.

I tried to disable recalculation, resize and then re-enable but when
re-enabled the sheet is recalculated.
I'll try to switch to manual recalculation instead of disabling recalc.

Thanks again.