Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Enable & Disable Macro popup disappear

Hi There,

I am converting Excel spreadsheets 97 to 2003, when I open
excel sheet in 2003 "Enable Macros / Disable MAcros" popup
is not appear at the time of open the file. But it works
in Excel 97. These spreadsheets are critical fopr us.

Any idea how I solve this problem,

Thanx

Wayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wayne

before opening the workbook, choose tools / macros / security .. and set it
to medium - in 2003 the default is High (which doesn't display the enable /
disable dialog).

Cheers
JulieD

"Wayne" wrote in message
Hi There,

I am converting Excel spreadsheets 97 to 2003, when I open
excel sheet in 2003 "Enable Macros / Disable MAcros" popup
is not appear at the time of open the file. But it works
in Excel 97. These spreadsheets are critical fopr us.

Any idea how I solve this problem,

Thanx

Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wayne, check and see what your security settings are, tools macro, security

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"Wayne" wrote in message
Hi There,

I am converting Excel spreadsheets 97 to 2003, when I open
excel sheet in 2003 "Enable Macros / Disable MAcros" popup
is not appear at the time of open the file. But it works
in Excel 97. These spreadsheets are critical fopr us.

Any idea how I solve this problem,

Thanx

Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Wayne

are the macros there? if you open the workbook and go to tools / macro /
macros are the macros listed there? is it possible that the macros for the
workbook were stored in your personal macro workbook (personal.xls) rather
than the workbook themselves?

if you change your security settings to low (just for this test) and open
the workbook & activate the macros the way you did under 97 what happens?

Cheers
JulieD

"Wayne" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Julies suggestion to set the security level before opening the workbook
containing the macro resolved my frustration. I only wish that MS would
consider to include this in the Help-text.

Mats