Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up

In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Help, macro setting

Change macro security settings in Excel

juamig wrote:
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you "disable with notification" and the workbook is opened from a
location that is not a "trusted location" then you will get notification in
a warning bar across the top of the sheet.

Says macros have been disabled and gives you an "Options" button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

juamig wrote:
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office
document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity
to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But if you're looking for the big Excel 2003 type notification in the middle
of the display, well that's gone in 2007 -- you get the hardly noticeable bar
at the top and that's all you get.