Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MDW MDW is offline

Default Multiple Excel Processes

Hey all,

I'm doing some pretty heavy Excel automation from within Access 2000. As
part of what I do, I scan through multiple Excel files within a folder (as
many as 500) and read some values. Everything works the way I want it
to....however, I find that I can't open any other Excel sheets while this
process is running.

Ordinarily, all the workbook opening occurs invisibly - I have objXL.Visible
= False. However, if I open another Excel file (unrelated to the automated
app), suddenly I see all those files from the folder being opened for a
second, then closed again. That would be acceptible, I suppose, if the
application didn't give these opening sheets the focus.

I guess my question is, is there some way I can use other Excel files in a
somewhat normal fashion, while this import is running in the background?
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

just a guess.... but try putting
DoEvents
just before you start the process of reading the excel files in yo
code

manges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

have you tried starting another instance of excel and then opening the file?

Charles
Decision Models
FastExcel 2.1 now available
www.DecisionModels.com