Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using macro to insert a symbol

Hi,

I wish to record a macro to insert a symbol ( a tick) into the active cell
and then move down to the next cell in that column. However, when I try to
to do this the symbol gets inserted OK but the cursor won't move down to the
next cell and it keeps jumping bak up to the original cell. I have tried
using the relative to cell option on the recording toolbar but no joy.
Using Excel 2002 SP2

Any thoughts appreciated,

Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ActiveCell.offset(1,0).Select

will select the next cell. Other than that, I guess you would have to show
the code that doesn't work.
Tom Ogilvy

"Graham Daniels" wrote in message

I wish to record a macro to insert a symbol ( a tick) into the active cell
and then move down to the next cell in that column. However, when I try to
to do this the symbol gets inserted OK but the cursor won't move down to

the
next cell and it keeps jumping bak up to the original cell. I have tried
using the relative to cell option on the recording toolbar but no joy.
Using Excel 2002 SP2

Any thoughts appreciated,

Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is the code

Sub Tic()
'
' Tic Macro
' Macro recorded 05/09/2004 by Graham
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+r
'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "ü"
With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=1).Font
.Name = "Wingdings"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False