Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Drop Down Boxes (Lists) How to do

Can anybody help me on how to make drop down boxes (lists)
I want as follows.

10:00 AM/PM would be in drop down list as a

choice. Click and it will fill cell with

your choice of AM or PM.

Thanks
cb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Find a couple of spare cells that you're not going to use and put AM in one
of them and PM in the other.
Now go to the cell where you want the drop-down list to be.
On the menu, choose Data - Validation.
Now click on the Settings tab (it's probably the first tab by default).
In the Allow: box, choose List.
Now, in the Source box, click on the small icon at its right hand end.
Now click and drag the mouse over the two cells that have the values AM and
PM in them.
Click on the icon again at the end of the Data Validation box.
Click on the OK button.
You will now have a drop-down list containing the choices AM or PM.