Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help on choosing the right way

Hi,

I have a list of words around 60 on a spreadsheet on the same column, from
them I choose around 40 words on another column. Then manually I type the
other 20 words on another column. This manual way takes ages for me to do my
work everyday.

Using the VBA could you please give me the code so I can do this
automatically? Or some ideas on which commands should I use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could make it a bit easier manually:
Assuming your names are in column A
- enter a 1 in column B, in front of the names you want to select
- once done, sort A:B by Ascending/orDescending column B:
-select data A:B
-menu Data Sort, choose to sort by B
Now all the '1' rows are grouped together at the top, ie all selected names
- copy A1:A40: select A1:A40 then menu Edit Copy
- paste in column C: select C1, then menu Edit Paste
- copy/paste the same way for A41:A0 to D1

Regards,
Sebastien

"Antonis" wrote:

Hi,

I have a list of words around 60 on a spreadsheet on the same column, from
them I choose around 40 words on another column. Then manually I type the
other 20 words on another column. This manual way takes ages for me to do my
work everyday.

Using the VBA could you please give me the code so I can do this
automatically? Or some ideas on which commands should I use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume the 60 words are in A1:A60
assume the 40 words are in B1:B40
put list of 20 in column C

Sub BuildList()
dim rng as range, rng1 as Range
Columns(1).Insert
Range("A1:A60").Formula = "=if(countif($C$1:$C$40,B1)0,"",na())
Set rng = Range("A1:A60").SpecialCells(xlFormulas,xlErrors)
set rng1 = Intersect(rng.EntireRow,Columns(2))
rng1.copy Destination:=Range("D1")
columns(1).Delete

Tom Ogilvy