Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add Date And Time in a cell.

I want to add the time and date for a cell, but I want these date and time
to be automatically updated itself with each passing day, and second. So
when I log on this excel sheet later, the cell will show a different date
and time in which I am currently in. How do I accomplish this? Is this
possible at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use the Now() function - this is volatile and will be updated after each
sheet calculation takes place.

put the following in the cell required - it formats to date and time (which
you can change using cell format)

=NOW()

Cheers
Nigel

"Raymond" wrote in message
I want to add the time and date for a cell, but I want these date and time
to be automatically updated itself with each passing day, and second. So
when I log on this excel sheet later, the cell will show a different date
and time in which I am currently in. How do I accomplish this? Is this
possible at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Be aware that this will update if the sheet recalculates some time after you
login to the sheet. This may be what you want, but it will not be showing
your start time for that day.

--

HTH

RP