Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a Filename property in PrintOut property

Hi there,
I want to create a macro that will autoselect the Adobe
Distiller printer, then I don't want the popup window of
Adobe asking path and file name. I want to pass it
without seeing this popup windows.

Here my code

Dim strFileName As String
strFileName = "E:\temp\test.pdf"
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Application.ActivePrinter = "Adobe Distiller Writer
On CPW2:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
ActivePrinter:= _
"Adobe Distiller Writer on CPW2:", Collate:=True

In this line ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut I
cannot find any possible value I can use to pass
strFilename.

Is somebody already did something like that?

Thank's

Christian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What version of Excel?

In excel 2000 and later, the printout method has the following parameters
for the command:

expression.PrintOut(From, To, Copies, Preview, ActivePrinter, PrintToFile,
Collate, PrToFileName)

I don't know if this works with the Distiller print driver, but if you
haven't tried it, you might.

Tom Ogilvy

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi there,
I want to create a macro that will autoselect the Adobe
Distiller printer, then I don't want the popup window of
Adobe asking path and file name. I want to pass it
without seeing this popup windows.

Here my code

Dim strFileName As String
strFileName = "E:\temp\test.pdf"
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
Application.ActivePrinter = "Adobe Distiller Writer
On CPW2:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,
ActivePrinter:= _
"Adobe Distiller Writer on CPW2:", Collate:=True

In this line ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut I
cannot find any possible value I can use to pass
strFilename.

Is somebody already did something like that?

Thank's

Christian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Yes Tom, I tried it and it always popup me the SaveAs
window to in the path from where the excel file has been
open.

May be its because of the adobe printer?
Another idea?
Any help will be appreciated.

Christian Sawyer

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out some of the past answers to this question:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...ng&lr= &hl=en

make the above all on line (in notepad as an example), then paste it into
your brower nagivation area.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thank's Tom
I will work on it based on that example.

Christian
Check out some of the past answers to this question:

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=adobe%20distiller%

20filename&safe=images&ie=UTF-
8&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.programming&lr= &hl=en