Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default formulas in pivot tables

I have three questions about pivot tables and would appreciate your
suggestions on them:

A) Is there a way to program advanced formulas into an excel pivot
table. For example, if there is a drop down menu for age groupings from
which users can select from a wide range of age groupings, for example:

age 1-5
age 5-10
age 15-20
age 20-25

Is there a way to program the pivot table to do the following:

1) identify if the "standard set" of age groupings: age 5-10, age
15-20, age 25-25 are in the selection in the drop down list
2) if the all the "standard set" age groupings are there, aggregate
them all to make one age grouping "age 5-25"
3) add this new calculated age grouping to the pivot table and the list
in the drop down list for age groupings (but only if all of the age
groupings are there).

B) I've also created a formula in a pivot table. Is there a way to make
excel in the pivot table turn the cell red if the value calculated in
this cell is 0?

C) How can a "show pages" be done for a pivot chart? I can do this for
a pivot table, and I seem to be able to do it for one page at a time for
a chart, but not for a "show pages" for a chart.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Marina Madeleine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tod tod is offline

I can answer your second question. (I don't think the
other two are possible, but I've thought that before,
only to be proved incorrect later on. :0)

Here's how to have your conditional format in the pivot
table. (Assuming you may not have Office 2003.)

- After creating the pivot table, right click on a number
in the field where you want the conditional format to
apply.
- From the shortcut menu choose PivotTable Field.
- Click the Number... button.
- From the Category list, choose Custom.
- In the text box below the word "Type:", enter this
string:

[Red][<=0]0;[0]0;General

It says to make the font red if the value is less than or
equal to zero. Otherwise use the regular format.

Hope that helps,

tod

[...]

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tod,

Thanks for the suggestion. I`ll try it out.

Marina