Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marina madeleine marina madeleine is offline

Default formulas in pivot tables

I have three questions about pivot tables and would appreciate your
suggestions on them:

A) Is there a way to program advanced formulas into an excel pivot
table. For example, if there is a drop down menu for age groupings from
which users can select from a wide range of age groupings, for example:

age 1-5
age 5-10
age 15-20
age 20-25

Is there a way to program the pivot table to do the following:

1) identify if the "standard set" of age groupings: age 5-10, age
15-20, age 25-25 are in the selection in the drop down list
2) if the all the "standard set" age groupings are there, aggregate
them all to make one age grouping "age 5-25"
3) add this new calculated age grouping to the pivot table and the list
in the drop down list for age groupings (but only if all of the age
groupings are there).

B) I've also created a formula in a pivot table. Is there a way to make
excel in the pivot table turn the cell red if the value calculated in
this cell is 0?

C) How can a "show pages" be done for a pivot chart? I can do this for
a pivot table, and I seem to be able to do it for one page at a time for
a chart, but not for a "show pages" for a chart.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Marina Madeleine