Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reading files according to the web address in the datasheet

Hi, I need your help...please!

I am trying to make a very crude macro that opens workbook according t
the address at the top of the column. The macro takes the address
paste it to the address bar to open that workbook. Then takes a numbe
out of that and compares it to original next to the address.

BUT, I can't seem to make the hyper link change according to address.
It always opens the same workbook that I wrote the macro with.

I am no expert in VB, but patient and persistant enought to work it ou
with your help!!

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance
Nic

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using the Hyperlink worksheet function.

Tom Ogilvy

"nickyboy " wrote in message
Hi, I need your help...please!

I am trying to make a very crude macro that opens workbook according to
the address at the top of the column. The macro takes the address,
paste it to the address bar to open that workbook. Then takes a number
out of that and compares it to original next to the address.

BUT, I can't seem to make the hyper link change according to address.
It always opens the same workbook that I wrote the macro with.

I am no expert in VB, but patient and persistant enought to work it out
with your help!!

Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance
Nick

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks tom,
i actually found out I was trying to do something really complicate
when I didnt need to use hyperlink at all. I was just going it abou
it the wrong way!

but thanks for the advice all the same
nic