Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlight a selected toolbar in a menu with a checkmark?

Hi all!

I have a main 'Vtec' menu that is placed right next to the defaul
'Help' menu. The 'Vtec' menu has a sub menu 'Analysis Type' whic
points to three toolbars namely 'static', 'modal' and 'creep'. Th
toolbars are inturn assigned to specific macros that performs specifi
tasks.

When I select a particular toolbar say 'static' (from the sub men
'Analysis Type'), there has to appear a checkmark right adjascent to i
so that the next time I come back to make another selection, i will kno
what my previous selection was.
I should be able to uncheck the same too.

I would appreciate any help here guys.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Regds,

Arun...
Vtec.cor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi aiyer

Look here

How to customize menus and menu bars in Excel

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"aiyer " wrote in message ...
Hi all!

I have a main 'Vtec' menu that is placed right next to the default
'Help' menu. The 'Vtec' menu has a sub menu 'Analysis Type' which
points to three toolbars namely 'static', 'modal' and 'creep'. The
toolbars are inturn assigned to specific macros that performs specific
tasks.

When I select a particular toolbar say 'static' (from the sub menu
'Analysis Type'), there has to appear a checkmark right adjascent to it
so that the next time I come back to make another selection, i will know
what my previous selection was.
I should be able to uncheck the same too.

I would appreciate any help here guys.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Regds,

Arun...
Vtec.corp

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the mail.
It was informative but am still struggling to get my code to work.

I have a main 'Vtec' menu that is placed right next to the defaul
'Help' menu. The 'Vtec' menu has a sub menu 'Analysis Type' whic
points to three toolbars namely 'static', 'modal' and 'creep'. Th
toolbars are inturn assigned to specific macros that performs specifi
tasks.

When I select a particular toolbar say 'static', from the sub men
'Analysis Type', there has to appear a checkmark right adjascent to it
highlighting my selection.

I should be able to uncheck the same too.
I would appreciate any help here guys.

Thanks a bunch in advance.
Regds,

Arun...
Vtec.cor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to look at John Walkenbach's Power Programming
with VBA. It explains working with checked menu items. His
site is www.j-walk.com/ss

.