Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing range names in VBA

I have a worksheet that a 3rd party Excel application will populate
with data.

ie. the application will generate 5 files with an excel template.

the application will populate a certain cell with a value.

I want to take an existing range name on the sheet after the file is
generated and add an "_" and the value of the that certain cell that
got populated.

ie. existing range name = "lae4" cell value = "AL"
result desired is the range name would be "lae4_AL" and that the
"lae4" range name would be deleted.

Any ideas?

Rob