Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default changing 'names'

Hi,

I use a set of string variables (ussually ppls names) in
defining names, worksheet names, formula, base data, VB
macro's etc. These string variables I am quite sure are
unique. ie won't appear as a part of another word.

I now want to make the whole spread sheet generic. Is
there a way of doing a search and replace on the whole
spreadsheet based on a search for the string that I want
to replace?

eg i may have the name jon in : worksheet name - jon
worksheet
and
i may have the name jon in name : jon_list - refer to
list a1 to n240
i may have the name jon in cell : a56 = "jon"

and I want to change all the 'jon' strings
into 'person_one'

Thanks in advance...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For all name management use this superb addin:
Name Manager from jan karel pieterse
available from http://bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

I've dabbled with a Name Editor of my own to allow changing names WITH
automatic update of all formulas and names pointing to the name to be
changed.

It's not fool/bug proof but you may give it a go:
available from http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

keepITcool