Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reason for past posts being removed

Hi,

Might not be the correct forum... but,

Why is it that if you try to access old questions from the Microsoft web
page (excel newsgroups) it is not available.

I know that I can use google but why is it that if Google can archive/keep
Microsoft's stuff, MS itself is not doing that

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The short answer is: because these are newgroups, and that's the way
they work.

Newsservers usually have a fixed amount of storage space for each
newsgroup, and drop off older posts as new ones come in. This allows the
thousands of linked newsservers to maintain a modest number of relevant
conversations without the terabytes of storage that Google Groups
maintains.