Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default mkdir problem

did you declare a variable as Right or create a sub named Right.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keivn Green" wrote in message
When I try to use this command in a macro to create a directory that is

the
last for digits of the activecell it says " Wrong number of arguments or
invalid property assignment."
Here is the line in the code..
MkDir ("C:\test\" & RIGHT(ActiveCell.Text, 4))

If the active cell says 12345678 teh it should make a directory called
c:\test\5678

Any ideas why this doesnt work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It still sounds like you have RIGHT declared as a variable or as a function
someplace or are using it as a variable (perhaps unintentionally).

I would suspect you don't have Option Explicit declared at the top of each
module.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keivn Green" wrote in message
I had the command in a private sub in a user form. when I put the command

in
a sub in a module and called that sub then it worked. HMM

"Keivn Green" wrote:

Strange. it works fine if I change it to LEFT but it wont do RIGHT.

What kind of declarations do I need to make if RIGHT is supposed to be a
built in procedure?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

did you declare a variable as Right or create a sub named Right.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keivn Green" wrote in message
When I try to use this command in a macro to create a directory that

is
the
last for digits of the activecell it says " Wrong number of

arguments or
invalid property assignment."
Here is the line in the code..
MkDir ("C:\test\" & RIGHT(ActiveCell.Text, 4))

If the active cell says 12345678 teh it should make a directory

called
c:\test\5678

Any ideas why this doesnt work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does the function work as "VBA.RIGHT(ActiveCell.Text, 4)" ?

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

did you declare a variable as Right or create a sub named Right.

Tom Ogilvy

"Keivn Green" wrote in message

When I try to use this command in a macro to create a directory that is

the

last for digits of the activecell it says " Wrong number of arguments or
invalid property assignment."
Here is the line in the code..
MkDir ("C:\test\" & RIGHT(ActiveCell.Text, 4))

If the active cell says 12345678 teh it should make a directory called
c:\test\5678

Any ideas why this doesnt work?

mkdir command in excel 2003 on XP SP2 zvi carmi via OfficeKB.com New Users to Excel 2 May 25th 05 12:45 PM
mkdir problem Norman Jones Excel Programming 0 August 30th 04 04:37 PM
Shell "mkdir" Robin Clay[_3_] Excel Programming 2 August 4th 04 04:30 PM
MkDir error Eric Excel Programming 3 May 17th 04 08:58 PM
Problem when multipple users access shared xl-file at the same time, macrocode for solve this problem? OCI Excel Programming 0 May 16th 04 10:40 PM