Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Errors on other PCs

I created a workbook with several macros and user forms (calendars)
that works well on my PC. I copied the file and have sent it to
several other users at different sites and it works on some and not on
others. They get erros referencing 'project not found' and '400' when
simply executing a macro or opening a calendar. I thought all
necessary files were included when the file was saved. Can anybody
help? I knew enough VBA to create a great program that doesn't work
for anybody but me. I'm dangerous.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you go to

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Ron has an excellent writeup on using the calendar control. Most likely the
machines with the error do not have the dll installed and thus need to
install it.

Robert Flanagan
Macro Systems
Delaware, U.S. 302-234-9857
http://www.add-ins.com

"Madvark" wrote in message
om...
I created a workbook with several macros and user forms (calendars)
that works well on my PC. I copied the file and have sent it to
several other users at different sites and it works on some and not on
others. They get erros referencing 'project not found' and '400' when
simply executing a macro or opening a calendar. I thought all
necessary files were included when the file was saved. Can anybody
help? I knew enough VBA to create a great program that doesn't work
for anybody but me. I'm dangerous.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think this may be a backward compatability issue. For
example, if you referenced Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects
2.6, but the computer the workbook is copied to only has
version 2.5, the 'project not found' error will occur. In
a case like that you'll need to reference dlls that are
likely to be on the machines of all of your users. You
have to play to the oldest software.

tod

.