Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros not showing up when using excel COM object in .NET

I am using excel COM object from c# to open a new excel application
and my custom toolbars,macros,xla,vba nothing is visible..the third
party add-ins i installed are also visible. They are visible when I
open a new excel outside of c#. I really really would appreciate any
help..

Thanks
Priya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you open excel with Automation, for speed purposes it doesn't load
addins. You have to load them with your code. I assume the other aspects
are produced through loading your addins. I can't say about toolbar
customizations - I don't recall, but if they are not showing up, I would
suspect it doesn't load the *.xlb file and you could open it as well. (I
differentiate customizations here from toolbars/customizations created by
your code in the addins).

Tom Ogilvy

om...