Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Newbie- Filename referencing in macros

I edited an Excel File with macros, saved a copy of the
file with a new
filename, and then found the macros in the new file are
attempting to call
the procedures from the original file, and returning the
error "file
specified cannot be found", or something to that effect.

Am I omitting something when I am saving a file with a
new filename with
macros?
I can see all the macros in the new file when I check for
them, but it's as
though I need to remap the commandbuttons to the macros
in the current file.

Thanks in advance, Ellen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the new file, select Edit - Links, then Change Source.
In the dialog box select the new file and OK. This will
cause the buttons to look for the macros in the new file,
assuming the macro names haven't changed.
--
Hope this helps,
James dot Becker at NCR dot com

"Ellen" wrote in message
I edited an Excel File with macros, saved a copy of the
file with a new
filename, and then found the macros in the new file are
attempting to call
the procedures from the original file, and returning the
error "file
specified cannot be found", or something to that effect.

Am I omitting something when I am saving a file with a
new filename with
macros?
I can see all the macros in the new file when I check for
them, but it's as
though I need to remap the commandbuttons to the macros
in the current file.

Thanks in advance, Ellen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JK JK is offline