Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unlock VBA project

I lock my VBA code without using a passward. How do I
unlock it.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't seem to lock the VBA project without using a
password. I doesn't accept a non-entry. How did you
mangage to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Gail,

Open the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) by pressing Alt + F11.
Then locate your VBA project in the Project Explorer
window. This is usually on the left when you open the VBE.
Click the plus sign belonging to your project. If the
project is locked, you will be prompted for the password.
If the Project Explorer is not visible, select it through
the View menu item of the VBE Menu Bar.

If you cannot remember the password, I'm willing to try to
open it for you if you can inspire me with confidence that
it's indeed your own code. You'll have to email me the
workbook. Note that there is no programmatic way using VBA
to unlock a VBA project with the possible exception of
using Sendkeys (which I doubt).

I'll provide my email address on request.

Regards,
Greg

I did this more than a year ago so I'm not sure what I

did
but I do remember locking the project. Based on what you
have said I probably did use a password and I'm pretty
certain I know what it is. However, I can't figure out
how to unlock it. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Greg,
I have one addin which I created on win2ooo and office
2000. However it does not work properly on off97. I have
saved the actual file with a password for the VBA Project
but and addin as a different file. now I do not remember
the password. I had search all the NG but there is no
solution except going for commercial softwares which I am
not willing at all. May I expect any help from you in
these regard? My mail id is dashashrimaliremove this
<<<yahoo.com. Let me assure you that this is created by me
and it is my own file. I can write it again but then it
will take another 5-6 days to find out the same, research
and modify it as per my requirement.

Thanks and regards,
Malcom.

[...]

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

By chance did you save the .xls file that you used to make the .xla file?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Malcom Jazz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Malcom,

You'll have to email me the workbook, preferably the
original xls file. You'll have to prove it's your own code
by providing a few unique names such as pertain to code
modules, private macros and/or private functions, unusual
variable names etc.

My method has been 100% successful for the few times I've
used it. I've only done it experimentally for the fun of
it. No guarantees.

Remove the "nospam" from my email address.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Greg,
Thats encouraging. Tomorrow I will send the file with the details you
require for confirmation from my office.

Thanks again,
Malcom.