Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto-Subtotal

I'm new at my job, and I'm working on a "project"
consisting of 12,665 lines in a spreadsheet. I want to
try to consolidate because this needs to be printed,
On the worksheet, column G is "sales acct #s", and column
H are "quantities". Some sales accounts have multiple
locations which are listed on individual rows, but I only
need the total qty per acct #. Is there a way I can
instert column I and have excel sort through column G and
subtotal qty (col h) according to the acct #? I hope that
was clear enough. I've been going through and doing it
manually, but this will take a week. I don't know enough
about macros or formulas to set it up myself.
Thank you in advance for your help - it is most
appreciated!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select your data and do

Data=Pivot Table Report and Chart

then walk through the wizard.

On the last page is a layout button.

You would want sales acct#s as your row field and Quantities in your data
field When you drag the quantities button it should say

Sum of Quantities. If it says count of Quantities, double click on it and
select Sum.

return from the layout window and designate on a new sheet as the location
for the pivot table.

Work with these first two fields initially. Later, you can right click on
the pivot table and select wizard, go back to the layout and drag more
fields onto the layout if you need them.

Tom Ogilvy

"Darcie" wrote in message
I'm new at my job, and I'm working on a "project"
consisting of 12,665 lines in a spreadsheet. I want to
try to consolidate because this needs to be printed,
On the worksheet, column G is "sales acct #s", and column
H are "quantities". Some sales accounts have multiple
locations which are listed on individual rows, but I only
need the total qty per acct #. Is there a way I can
instert column I and have excel sort through column G and
subtotal qty (col h) according to the acct #? I hope that
was clear enough. I've been going through and doing it
manually, but this will take a week. I don't know enough
about macros or formulas to set it up myself.
Thank you in advance for your help - it is most
appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Auto-Subtotal: THANK YOU!!

Tom,
Your instructions were perfect, and it did exactly what I
was hoping it would. Thank you sooooo much!!!!
Darcie

.