Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional formatting

I am using Excel 97. I use conditional formatting on a regular basis, but I
need to conditonally format more than 3 conditions.

Can I use the following code with something so that a cell is changed when
the value alters?

ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = number

I assume that it's an 'onchange' function but I don't know how to do it!
Can anyone assist me, please?

-----
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Possibly you could use the Worksheet_Change(Byval Target
as Range) event.
In the VB editor select the worksheet in question and
dblclick it. Insert the event trigger and add your code
"ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = number"

However, this will only fire for the given worksheet, so
youl' need to insert the coden in every ws. appliccable.
or you could somehow couple it with a workbook event.

I am using Excel 97. I use conditional formatting on a

regular basis, but I
need to conditonally format more than 3 conditions.

Can I use the following code with something so that a

cell is changed when
the value alters?

ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = number

I assume that it's an 'onchange' function but I don't

know how to do it!
Can anyone assist me, please?

-----
Mark
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes that will do it. yes it is the on change event. but i
see problems. set up like you stated then cell will change
color on the first change. any change after that would
keep it the same color. is that what you want?