Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro/Function to delete.........

I have to explain this carefully. I have a spreadsheet with a location
# in the first column and then the next columns with item number and
cost respectively. My second, third & fourth row also have the same
location # but with different item number and cost. I want to get rid
of the first cell of second, third & fourth rows because the first row
already has the location # in the first cellof the first row. How do I
do it?(Subtotal is out of the picture. Cannot use subtotal)Is there a
Macro procedure or function I can use? I cannot think of a function to
do this with.I am good with Excel and I am self-learning Macro right
now. I know this has something to do with Macro programming. Thanks
for any input! Here is the sample of what I am talking about:
Original:
location # item cost
1555 5678 $125.00
1555 4579 $135.00
1555 4777 $145.00

to become this:

location # item cost
1555 5678 $125.00
4579 $135.00
4777 $145.00
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you could select your data, do

Data=Pivot Table Report

move through to the last dialog where the layout button is.

in the layout, put location and Number as the row fields and cost as the
pivot field

show that you want it on the same sheet and select a cell (or put it on
another sheet, your choice)

this should give the layout you want. You can right click on the Location
column and select field. . .

under the sumbtotal box, select none.

Tom Ogilvy

om...