Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar and Column/Row Headings Help

Hi

I have two queries for which I cannot find. Can any one help?

1) I am trying to input a message in to the status bar while a macro i
running to let the user know that something is happening, but have n
idea how to do this.

2) I have seen worksheets with their column and row headers hidden o
removed. How is this done?

Any advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.StatusBar = "Making progress"

It is in Tools, Options, View.
If you want to to this in VBA, just record with the macro recorder and see
the code.

RBS

"PostalVote " wrote in message
Hi

I have two queries for which I cannot find. Can any one help?

1) I am trying to input a message in to the status bar while a macro is
running to let the user know that something is happening, but have no
idea how to do this.

2) I have seen worksheets with their column and row headers hidden or
removed. How is this done?

Any advise is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Mike