Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sheet properties

In a sheets property table there are two fields: Name and (Name). Can anybody
tell me the difference? Or direct me to the help topic describing this?

I can control the Name property (ActiveSheet.Name = "My Sheet"), but how can
I change the (Name)?

Thanks
The Doctor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 03:59:02 -0700, "Dr.Schwartz"
wrote:

In a sheets property table there are two fields: Name and (Name). Can anybody
tell me the difference? Or direct me to the help topic describing this?

I can control the Name property (ActiveSheet.Name = "My Sheet"), but how can
I change the (Name)?

Thanks
The Doctor

Not sure if you're trying to do this programatically, but can't you
just go to the Properties window and change it there?

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Doc,

The property is the codename and is a good way of addressing a sheet in VBA
where the user might change the worksheet name.

This code shows how to change it in VBA

With ActiveSheet
.Parent.VBProject.VBComponents(.CodeName) _
.Properties("_CodeName") = "somevalue"
End With

But why bother, because it is hidden from users, you don't need to.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips