Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

Default Sheet tab properties

Hi again. This is my last question. :)
Are there in Excel sheet tab properties so that i can choose font, text
color or something else not just tab colour? And can i have those sheet
tabs in two or more rows? because my workbook has a lot of
sheets(something like 100 sheets) and it's confusing when you have to
find a sheet .
Thanks.

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi marko,
I don't think you can change anything other than tab color. With so
many sheets you could devote sheet1 to being a table of contents with
buttons or hyperlinks or whatever which display sheet information and
a click takes you to that sheet.
Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Marko

This is a function of your Windows Display Properties.

The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in
Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way
up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs.

Win98 as example...

Start Settings Control Panel Display Appearance(WinXP
AppearanceAdvanced)

"Item" drop down select Scrollbar

Change setting to Taste
Apply
OK

Depending upon your settings, you may have to re-boot to see the changes.

Also note: this is a Global change and will affect all Applications.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 10 Dec 2005 14:12:10 -0800, "marko" wrote:

Hi again. This is my last question. :)
Are there in Excel sheet tab properties so that i can choose font, text
color or something else not just tab colour? And can i have those sheet
tabs in two or more rows? because my workbook has a lot of
sheets(something like 100 sheets) and it's confusing when you have to
find a sheet .
Thanks.

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Hi Marko, (over use of color sheet tabs)
There are other things that you can do to organize your tabs,
and color is not useful to me in organizing my tabs, and changing
font type would most likely make them hard to read -- I think there is
good reason not to change font. (would affect scrollbars and menus)

See my Color page for some additional tips on organizing your
tabs. Including use of prefixes, sorting your tabs, sheet tab navigation
keys and right click on navigation keys for a "more sheets" menu
that you can use a macro to bring up directly. PageUp & PageDn.
You can create a table of contents, and just to repeat once more --
you can sort your tabs alphabetically. details/links to all of the above in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/color.htm#tabs
---
HTH,

"marko" wrote ...
Hi again. This is my last question. :)
Are there in Excel sheet tab properties so that i can choose font, text
color or something else not just tab colour? And can i have those sheet
tabs in two or more rows? because my workbook has a lot of
sheets(something like 100 sheets) and it's confusing when you have to
find a sheet .
Thanks.

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

Thanks for your alternative solution to my problem!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

I didn't know that right click thing, it's pretty cool! Thanks! And
thanks for the link but you wrote it wrong:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs
you wrote color and not colors but i managed. Thanks again!

Marko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc
marko

Thanks!