Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help needed

Hi everybody...

Here's my situation. I work at a lan house, and I need to sum the tota
hours that each person has played.

Each user has a number, but there is a record for each time he ha
played.

For example:
A B C
(number) (name) (played hours)
456 Daniel 01:00:00
456 Daniel 02:00:00
456 Daniel 01:00:00
456 Daniel 04:00:00
456 Daniel 00:30:00
456 Daniel 01:00:00
469 Rachel 02:00:00
469 Rachel 03:30:00
469 Rachel 02:30:00
469 Rachel 02:00:00
469 Rachel 01:00:00

and so on...

so this is what I came up with:

=SUMIF(A:A;"=456";C:C) (for daniel)
=SUMIF(A:A;"=469";C:C) (for rachel)

and so on...

but there are 7 thousand members....

I need to find a way to do this in a batch way...

can anyone help me??

Thanks a lot :cool

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

select columns A and B, then do Data=Filter=Advanced filter, select the
Uniques Checkbox at the bottom left of the dialog. Select copy to another
location, click in that text box, then highlight a cell on your worksheet
where you want the results. Leave Criteria as blank.

Now click OK

this will give you

456 Daniel ' assume 456 is in M2
469 Rachel ' assume 469 is in M3

now in the cell to the right of daniel ( O2 ) you can put
=countif(A:A,M2,C:C)

then drag fill this down the column (you should have 7000 cells).

Tom Ogilvy

"WildLife " wrote in message
Hi everybody...

Here's my situation. I work at a lan house, and I need to sum the total
hours that each person has played.

Each user has a number, but there is a record for each time he has
[...]

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

omG thanks a lot it worked perfectl