Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default cursor problems

in word, I am trying to insert a word or phrase in some text, when I move the
cursor to the area and click it blacks out the entire text like I am trying
to select all the text for replacement. I cannot get the normal cursor back
to allow normal use of word. Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

close the document, close word, reboot, clean out the temp files. Open
word, open the document, try again. If that fails, completely uninstall
office and reinstall.

If you want something more specific you might post this in a group that
advises on solutions for Word rather than an Excel group.

Tom Ogilvy