Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Mergefield?

Hi,

I have an Excel 2000 datasource which merges it's data into Word 2000. I do
this by taking the data from sql server putting into VB doing my
calculations and then performing the mail merge. Problem I'm having is when
using percentages, when I open up my datasource it is displaying as i.e. 40%
but it is going into Word as 0.4 because of the formatting in Excel. Is
there any way I can get the merge fields in Word to display the datasource
fields as they look in Excel? Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Damon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

I tried this with the same versions of excel and word and
the percentage formatting was copied through to the merge
field without me having to do anything.

Another solution would be to show the percentages as
integers in the database ie 15 instead of .15 with
standard number formatting and add the percentage switch
to the merge field in Word. {MERGEFIELD <percent\# ##%}
(Where <percent is the field name of your percentage in
your database).

Hope this helps.

.