Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JRM JRM is offline

Default Exporting & Importing Macros

I have a large macro which I urgently need to copy to another PC.
Currently it is in Personal.xls on PC.1
I've tired exporting from Visual Basic Editor but cann't seem to fin
where it goes when I import it. Also I don't appear to hav
Personal.xls on the 2nd PC - do I need to create it & if so how.
All help gratefully received with thanks. (& please make it simple !)
Joh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your module was exported with a .bas file extention and if
you are trying to find it with excel's open file dialog
box, you wont see it unless you have selected all files in
the type of file box. but if you open in with excel all
you will get is a text file with the code. To import your
module into another file, do that in the VB editor.
Fileinport. make sure the file you want it in is open.

I have a large macro which I urgently need to copy to

another PC.
Currently it is in Personal.xls on PC.1
I've tired exporting from Visual Basic Editor but cann't

seem to find
where it goes when I import it. Also I don't appear to

have
Personal.xls on the 2nd PC - do I need to create it & if

so how.
All help gratefully received with thanks. (& please make

it simple !)
John

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

When you import a module it can generally be found as a new module (under
the name it was exported with originally) in the current worksheet.

If you're still having problems you can copy the personal.xls file to
C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. This is the default location on an XP/2000
machine

regards

Paul

"JRM " wrote in message
I have a large macro which I urgently need to copy to another PC.
Currently it is in Personal.xls on PC.1
I've tired exporting from Visual Basic Editor but cann't seem to find
where it goes when I import it. Also I don't appear to have
Personal.xls on the 2nd PC - do I need to create it & if so how.
All help gratefully received with thanks. (& please make it simple !)
John

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

"JRM " wrote in message
I have a large macro which I urgently need to copy to another PC.
Currently it is in Personal.xls on PC.1
I've tired exporting from Visual Basic Editor but cann't seem to find
where it goes when I import it. Also I don't appear to have
Personal.xls on the 2nd PC - do I need to create it & if so how.
All help gratefully received with thanks. (& please make it simple !)
John

---

Also your personal workbook may be hidden so in Excel

menu windows unhide

may do the trick

WHen you export a *.bas file you can call it want and have the opition to
save it anywhere. Try a floppy then you'll easily find it

Best N10

N10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JRM JRM is offline

Many thanks - didn't expect it to be a .bas
Great help - Great site.
Joh