Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

Default Exporting & Importing Macros

"PC" <paulm DOT c at iol DOT ie wrote in message
Hi John,

When you import a module it can generally be found as a new module (under
the name it was exported with originally) in the current worksheet.

If you're still having problems you can copy the personal.xls file to
C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART. This is the default location on an XP/2000
machine

regards

Paul

"JRM " wrote in message
I have a large macro which I urgently need to copy to another PC.
Currently it is in Personal.xls on PC.1
I've tired exporting from Visual Basic Editor but cann't seem to find
where it goes when I import it. Also I don't appear to have
Personal.xls on the 2nd PC - do I need to create it & if so how.
All help gratefully received with thanks. (& please make it simple !)
John

---

Also your personal workbook may be hidden so in Excel

menu windows unhide

may do the trick

WHen you export a *.bas file you can call it want and have the opition to
save it anywhere. Try a floppy then you'll easily find it

Best N10

N10