Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel

I'm trying ro create a check list in excel. My objective is to be
able to check off items that I have placed on a list, automaticly, by
re-entering their item # and placing a check mark by them as I
continue. Can this be done and if so how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is a little vague, Joe. You want to check off items you have on a list
by re-entering the item and checking it off? Do you want Excel to make a
second list that consists of items you have checked off on a master list,
perhaps?

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
I'm trying ro create a check list in excel. My objective is to be
able to check off items that I have placed on a list, automaticly, by
re-entering their item # and placing a check mark by them as I
continue. Can this be done and if so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I HAVE A PROGRAM THAT ALOWS ME & OTHERS TO USE A BAR CODE SCANNER. THEY
SCAN A LIST OF ITEMS INTO AN EXCEL WORKSHEET COLUM "A" . THERE'S
USUALLY 400 OR MORE 9 DIGIT NUMBERS. THEN THEY EMAIL THE LIST TO ME.
RATHER THAN ME RESCANNING EVERYTHING IN A SEPERATE COLUM, DOING A
SEPERATE DATA SORT FOR EACH COLUM AND VISUALLY GOING DOWN THE LIST
COMPARING EACH NUMBER SEQUENCE, I THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE A WAY TO SET UP
EXCEL TO MERELY HIGHLIGHT OR PLACE A CHECK/X BY THE NUMBER SCANNED.
DOES THIS HELP?

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***