Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening with a password with VB

Hello everyone.

Hopefully this will be an easy one for someone out there. I hav
created a file with a user form that people fill out, save as a ne
file #, save the data to a log, with the original file set to open a
read-only if they don't have the password (so that the original is lik
a template - these files are located on a network and instead of sendin
each user a template to store on their computer, I found this easier).
This works fine, all the lists, spreadsheets, etc., populate and hav
the info stored as needed. Now what I need to do is when a file i
opened (this could be either the original or one of the modified
files), I need to test to see if it is the original, if yes then as
for password, if not, to open with the password from code so that
don't have to give it to the end users.

If this is possible, would it be part of Workbook_Open somehow?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Candee

PS. Running Office 97, thanks agai

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I went about it another way. I originally had ThisWorkbook.SaveCopyAs
I changed it to SaveAs and set the password and WriteResPassword to "
and now it seems to do what I need.

Thanks anyway e1, and have a super day!!!:cool