Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password prompt when opening Excel within IE

We have a web application that opens an excel doc within IE after they submit
their query. It is prompting for an id and password before it opens. You
can enter your password or just hit cancel and it opens either way. Is there
a way to get rid of that password prompt?

1. Using Windows XP w/ Office 2003
2. Happens on all computers and all Network logons
3. Only happens in IE. No prompt if using other browsers
4. Excel spreadsheet is not password protected

I have read several other posts and A LOT of other info on the Internet and
so far the only answer that I have received is that it is a 'bug" withing
office 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated