Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiple persional.xls files making macros NOT work!

Hello all!

A quick qn.
I have Excel 2003 in my PC and I built menu bars in a certain workboo
with toolbars attached to the menu bars. The toolbars are in tur
assigned to specific macros. (some of these macros were recorded i
personal.xls).

I copied the workbook (along with the personal.xls, which stores som
macros as mentioned above and the *.xlb file from my PC) to another PC

But now when I try to execute the macros in the new PC, I am getting
message 'multiple personal.xls files are open'.
Deleted the redundant personal.xls files in the new PC and there i
only one personal.xls file (copied from my PC) in the new PC and it i
still giving me the error.

Here is where I copied the personal.xls and the Excel11.xlb file to i
the new PC

C:\Documents and Settings\aiyer\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Am I missing anything here? Would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Regds,

Arun.

Vtec corp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,
Try this
C:\Documents and Settings\kathy\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
I have Excel 2003 in my PC and I built menu bars in a

certain workbook
with toolbars attached to the menu bars. The toolbars

are in turn
assigned to specific macros. (some of these macros were

recorded in
personal.xls).

I copied the workbook (along with the personal.xls,

which stores some
macros as mentioned above and the *.xlb file from my PC)

to another PC.

But now when I try to execute the macros in the new PC,

I am getting a
message 'multiple personal.xls files are open'.
Deleted the redundant personal.xls files in the new PC

and there is
only one personal.xls file (copied from my PC) in the

new PC and it is
still giving me the error.

Here is where I copied the personal.xls and the

Excel11.xlb file to in
the new PC

C:\Documents and Settings\aiyer\Application

Data\Microsoft\Excel

Am I missing anything here? Would appreciate your help

guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Regds,

Arun.

Vtec corp.

---

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Kathy. I tried that. But am getting the fiollowing message.

"A document with the name 'Personal.xls' is already open. You can't
open two documents with the same name even if documents are i
different folders. To open the second document, either close th
document that is currently open or rename one of the documents".

I would appreciate your help.
Arun

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depending on your upgrade path, you could have multiple XLStart folders. I'd
look through them once more.

Maybe even an old DOS command would help:

dir c:\personal.xls /s /a

And if that didn't help:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen
(From Debra Dalgleish's site)

"aiyer <" wrote:

Hello all!

A quick qn.
I have Excel 2003 in my PC and I built menu bars in a certain workbook
with toolbars attached to the menu bars. The toolbars are in turn
assigned to specific macros. (some of these macros were recorded in
personal.xls).

I copied the workbook (along with the personal.xls, which stores some
macros as mentioned above and the *.xlb file from my PC) to another PC.

But now when I try to execute the macros in the new PC, I am getting a
message 'multiple personal.xls files are open'.
Deleted the redundant personal.xls files in the new PC and there is
only one personal.xls file (copied from my PC) in the new PC and it is
still giving me the error.

Here is where I copied the personal.xls and the Excel11.xlb file to in
the new PC

C:\Documents and Settings\aiyer\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Am I missing anything here? Would appreciate your help guys.
Thanks a bunch.

Regds,

Arun.

Vtec corp.