Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default set ToContact Outlook security workaround - help

I was forced to update my outlook 2000 and now my scheduled jobs fail
because Outlook thinks a virus is accessing the address book. My macro
looks something like this:

Set OLF = GetObject ("",
"Outlook.Application").GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDef aultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set olMailItem = OLF.Items.Add
with olMailItem
.Subject = "my subject"
Set ToContact = ")
.Body = "text"
.Attachments.Add attachment
.Send
end With
Set ToContact = Nothing
Set olMailItem = Nothing
Set OLF = Nothing

The exact message I get from Outlook is:

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in
Outlook. Do
you want to allow this?

If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No".

thanks,
--
Art Parra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin has sample procedures for using CDO to work around the security
fix in Outlook:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

Tmo Ogilvy