Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have a workaround

Actually, the idea I had was sparked by a more comprehensive explanation I found he

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T006613_...is_Flakey.html

They suggested saving as Excel 2007. Sorry, but for me, that is no can do. I have to work on some things at home and I don't have Excel 2007 at home. I have to save as Excel 2003 and when I make the mistake of not forcing it to be Excel 2003 format, I am usually dead in the water. That just breaks my heart whne I can't take my work home...

LOL!

However, in their explanation, they gave me the germ of this idea:

1) Open the offending program.

2) TURN OFF Analysis ToolPak and Analysis ToolPak - VBA

3) Save your file.

4) Completely exit Excel.

5) Reload the file in question.

Now that worked for me. I don't know that it will work for you. I'd consider saving under a new name just to be sure or making a backup copy before doing this, just in case. This *is* a Microsoft Product...

The most troubling thing here is Microsoft does not seem to care about this. I suspect they hope to force people like me to buy Excel 2007 for home.

Not going to happen. If the company I work for wants to spring for it, fine. But not out of my pocket, folks! ObamaCare is already going to take enough, thank-you-sir-can-I-have-another...

However, one of the other solutions that is more extreme is to get Star Office. I am told that their latest version is supposed to be 100% compatible with Excel 2003 files. I am already personally looking at that option. I use a lot of Macros, however, and I think that will kill me. There could be other similar solutions that might foil any intended Microsoft Marketing Scheme. I will chase that for a while...

Good luck, and please post if this works for you!

;'{P

chris agnew wrote:

Hi George,I think your bug idea is correct, I am having the same type of
26-Jan-09

Hi George,

I think your bug idea is correct, I am having the same type of problem with the data being lost. Two questions:

1) Has anyone seen a solution to this bug anywhere?

2) Does the date formula workaround work without any problems?

Thanks

On Friday, September 14, 2007 10:25 AM
nlarson46 wrote:

EOMONTH problem File error: data may have been lost
I have a file that was created in 2003 that I have been using for over
a year and been using in 2007 for several months. Earlier this week I
added a new sheet that used the EOMONTH function. When I saved and
reopened the file I get "File error: data may have been lost" and all
the cells that have the EOMONTH function are replaced with =#N/A, not
even a formula in those cells. Is there a way to get the formula
back? Anyone else have this problem?

On Friday, September 14, 2007 11:04 AM
Franz Verga wrote:

EOMONTH problem File error: data may have been lost
Nel ups.com,
ha scritto:

Hi,

I think you have to load the Analysis Toolpak.

From menu Tools, Add-ins, select Analysis Toolpak and also Analysis Toolpak
VBA.

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

On Monday, September 17, 2007 12:18 PM
DarrenBartru wrote:

As Franz wrote, you'll need the Anaslysis ToolPak add-in installed.
As Franz wrote, you'll need the Anaslysis ToolPak add-in installed.

A better way to ask for the last day of the month is to use the DATE
function instead.

=DATE(2007,9,30) returns 30/09/2007 which is the last day of this month -
ok, nothing suprising there as you typed the date in.

=DATE(2007,10,0) also returns 30/09/2007 which is day 0 of next month - also
equals the last day of this month.

So the formula:
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())+1,0)
will return the last day of this month.

Thanks to C Pearsons website for that one (I think).

On Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:52 PM
George Proch wrote:

eomonth problem file error
The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather frequently.

George Proch wrote:

eomonth problem file error
The problem is not that the analysis toolpak is not loaded, but that this is a bug in Excel 2007. I have the toolpak loaded and this occurs rather frequently.

On Monday, January 26, 2009 9:21 AM
chris agnew wrote:

Hi George,I think your bug idea is correct, I am having the same type of
Hi George,

I think your bug idea is correct, I am having the same type of problem with the data being lost. Two questions:

1) Has anyone seen a solution to this bug anywhere?

2) Does the date formula workaround work without any problems?

Thanks

WPF Report Engine, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ne-part-1.aspx