Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find last filled cell in a column

Hi VJ,

Dim rgLastCell as range
Set rgLastCell=Activesheet.range("A65536").End(xlup)

Regards,
Sébastien

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells filled up and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are filled up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

how would i use your code iny my spreadsheet?!
my objective is filling a cell with the last filled cell in another column.

thanks

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells filled up and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are filled up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim rgLastCell as range
Set rgLastCell=Activesheet.range("A65536").End(xlup)
Range("G9").Value = rgLastCell.Value

if the objective cell ig G9 and the "another" column is column A as an
example.

Tom Ogilvy

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells filled up

and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are filled

up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

tom,
thanks for your reply. how would i implement this code into the sheet. where
do i actually write it?

thanks

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells filled up

and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are filled

up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = worksheets("Sheet1")
Set rgLastCell=sh.range("A65536").End(xlup)
sh.Range("G9").Value = rgLastCell.Value
End Sub

to Alt+F11 to go to the Visual Basic Editor. In the menu there, do
Insert=Module
Paste the code in the module that is inserted. Change the code to reflect
the sheet, cell and column as appropriate

do Alt+F11 to get back to excel.

When you want to run the macro, do
Tools=Macro=Macros, select PopCell and click Run

Tom Ogilvy

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells

filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are

filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

thanks once again. your help is highly appreciated. just 1 last request.

in the code you gave me i have to specify which cell to put the results
into. can we make the code such that it puts the address of the cell that is
selected in the spreadsheet automatically? rather than me changing the code
everytime.

or....is it possible that excel asks me to which cell i want to put the
results. popup msg or so.

thanks alot.

regards,

hesham

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells

filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are

filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = worksheets("Sheet1")
Set rgLastCell=sh.range("A65536").End(xlup)
ActiveCell = rgLastCell.Value

Tom Ogilvy

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a

column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells

filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are

filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) instead of putting the value of the cell, can we put its cell address. so
that if the contents change, it will be updated in the target cell.

2) can we also do the same thing you did to the current cell to the current
worksheet?

thanks

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a

column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet
Set rgLastCell=sh.range("A65536").End(xlup)
ActiveCell.Formula = "=" & rgLastCell.Address

Tom Ogilvy

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a

column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five

cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five

are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled

up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

tom
i want to take the value that we found (the last cell in column1) and insert
it after the last filled cell in a different column in a different sheet.

can you help me with that.

Thanks alot.

Hesham
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell in a
column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five

cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next five

are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is filled

up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For a value

You asked for the value this time, so for a value:

Sub PopCell1()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet
Set rgLastCell=sh.cells(rows.count,"A").End(xlup)
sh.Cells(rows.count,"F").End( _
xlup)(2).Value = rgLastCell.Value
End Sub

for a formula

Sub PopCell2()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet
Set rgLastCell=sh.cells(rows.count,"A").End(xlup)
sh.Cells(rows.count,"F").End( _
xlup)(2).Formula = "=" & rgLastCell.Address

Tom Ogilvy

"Hesham" wrote in message
tom
i want to take the value that we found (the last cell in column1) and

insert
it after the last filled cell in a different column in a different sheet.

can you help me with that.

Thanks alot.

Hesham
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell

in a
column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five

cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next

five
are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is

filled
up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

tom,
your help is very very highly appreciated. things are alot easier now.

i have a little bit more challenging (i think) request. Say that i have a
table in a spreadsheet. i want as soon as i open the file, a message box pops
up, asks me to input a value, which is then recorded after the last filled
cell in a column in that table.

if that is doable i would appreciate your help with it.

thanks

hesham

"Hesham" wrote in message
tom
i want to take the value that we found (the last cell in column1) and

insert
it after the last filled cell in a different column in a different sheet.

can you help me with that.

Thanks alot.

Hesham
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled cell

in a
column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first five
cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again next

five
are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is

filled
up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See Chip Pearson's page on Events

You would want to use the workbook_open event in the Thisworkbook Module

In the vbe, go to the project explorer and in the listing for your workbook,
double click on the thisworkbook entry.

this should open a module with two dropdown boxes at the top. In the left
dropdown, select workbook and in the right dropdown select Open.

this will put in the declaration

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

end Sub

You would put your code here

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim ans as Variant
Dim rgLastCell as range
Thisworkbook.Worksheets(1).Activate
set Sh = ActiveSheet
Set rgLastCell=sh.cells(rows.count,"A").End(xlup)
ans = InputBox("Please enter the desired Value")
If isnumeric(ans) then
rngLastCell.Offset(1,0).Value = cdbl(ans)

Tom Ogilvy

"Hesham" wrote in message
tom
i want to take the value that we found (the last cell in column1) and

insert
it after the last filled cell in a different column in a different

sheet.

can you help me with that.

Thanks alot.

Hesham
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub PopCell()
Dim sh as Worksheet
Dim rgLastCell as range
set Sh = ActiveSheet

"VJ" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way I can find out the last filled

cell
in a
column?

For exmaple I have col A and in that column first

five
cells
filled up
and
then next three cells are empty and then again

next
five
are
filled
up. I
need to find the last cell in the column which is

filled
up.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

regarding your last macro, say that i want to put a restriction that the
macro only runs automatically everytime the file is opened during the first
week of the each month. on any other day it will open normally (without the
macro).
is it possible to setup a macro for microsoft word that adds 1 to a number
that is in a field, everytime this file is opened?!. eg. we have a reference
code 0506, the next time this file opens becomes 0507 and so on.
just out of curiosity, is excel capable of opening a website, extract
information from it, and add it to a spreadsheet? or you think this is too
complicated.

thanks alot tom.

regards

"Hesham" wrote in message
tom
i want to take the value that we found (the last cell in column1) and
insert
it after the last filled cell in a different column in a different

sheet.

can you help me with that.

Thanks alot.

Hesham